Awesome, thanks for the bug fix, but I've frozen my build for now through my OSCP course, and certainly won't be able to update to OpenVAS 9 at this stage as it's not yet in the Kali build. Something for my own list to do at some time!
Happy to report that Dradis is working perfectly now (other than the issues described), and have a good workflow.
Some thoughts for the improvement wishlist:
1) With the way the UI is designed it is ever so easy to press the wrong delete button! I was intending to delete a note for a node and deleted the whole node. Ooops. Gone. Just like that. Thank goodness for backups and I was super lucky and had another tab open with the deleted notes data within. But no trash can in CE..... Maybe a minor UI change somehow would help here? Or add a trash can and or scheduled backups (project zip export)
2) Often a host is penetrated with multiple vulnerabilities for more than 1 issue. When generating the HTML report the template retains the phases for each node, however it may be that one issue allows for enumeration, whilst the next issue allows for exploitation. Is this a pro feature to be able to merge issues when generating a report?
3) In the report template (Which I've revised to suite my own needs) the references section doesn't make hyperlinks of URLs. Any idea how I could amend the template to resolve this?
4) Often a good starting point to penetrate a host is to review all the evidence of issues collected by tools. However when producing a pentest report it's necessary to delete the vast majority of these (it's not a vuln report after all), retaining only those issues that allowed penetration. But deleting lots of notes or evidence items one by one under a node is painful. Would be great if these could be selected by checkbox for deletion.
5) Similarly when deleting evidence from a node it would be wonderful to have an option to delete the primary issue in the DB, as long as there are no other nodes associate with it. As it is I have masses of redundant issues now and viewing these on the summary page is now distorted by including those issues not otherwise used in a penetration.
6) Did I tell you Nikto 2.1.6 XML scans are also importing perfectly!?
7) Screenshots in CE would be wonderful. I have a cludgy workaround, but nevertheless a sorely missed feature...
8) I have tagged all my issues according to severity, but I can't filter them based on the tag. For example I filter on the word critical (a tag name) and if a record contains the word it will appears even though the tag may not be set to critical.
9) The killer feature to come, or is it in Pro? Global search. You know there's a command you've documented somewhere, but can't recall which node it's under...!
Overall It's been a bit of a challenge to get working on Kali, but I'm now delighted to have put the time and effort in - working well for me. Am becoming quite a Dradis fan!