Could not find a JavaScript runtime

Reposting this query from Mark in the forum:

Im evaluating Dradis for work using the community edition in Ubuntu 14.04. I have git dradis followed the instructions, but cannot get dradis to install.
I’ve looked up help via the community and pro for the error which seems to be when I run ruby ./setup
All the gems seems to be installed. This is the dradis
Framework source from git.

Also the Nessus import doesn’t seem to work in the packaged version. Corrected nmap import that now works fine. Any help or if you could steer me in the correct direction that would be great.

Error below:

/var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/execjs-2.6.0/lib/execjs/runtimes.rb:48:in `autodetect': Could not find a JavaScript runtime. See github.com/rails/execjs for a list of available runtimes. (ExecJS::RuntimeUnavailable)
                from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/execjs-2.6.0/lib/execjs.rb:5:in `<module:ExecJS>'
                from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/execjs-2.6.0/lib/execjs.rb:4:in `<top (required)>'
                from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/uglifier-2.7.2/lib/uglifier.rb:3:in `require'
                from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/uglifier-2.7.2/lib/uglifier.rb:3:in `<top (required)>'
                from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/bundler/runtime.rb:72:in `require'
                from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/bundler/runtime.rb:72:in `block (2 levels) in require'
                from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/bundler/runtime.rb:70:in `each'
                from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/bundler/runtime.rb:70:in `block in require'
                from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/bundler/runtime.rb:59:in `each'
                from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/bundler/runtime.rb:59:in `require'
                from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/bundler.rb:132:in `require'
                from /home/mark/dradisframework/config/application.rb:17:in `<top (required)>'
                from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/spring-1.4.0/lib/spring/application.rb:82:in `require'
                from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/spring-1.4.0/lib/spring/application.rb:82:in `preload'
                from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/spring-1.4.0/lib/spring/application.rb:143:in `serve'
                from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/spring-1.4.0/lib/spring/application.rb:131:in `block in run'
                from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/spring-1.4.0/lib/spring/application.rb:125:in `loop'
                from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/spring-1.4.0/lib/spring/application.rb:125:in `run'
                from /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/spring-1.4.0/lib/spring/application/boot.rb:18:in `<top (required)>'
                from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in `require'
                from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in `require'
                from -e:1:in `<main>'

Mark,

Just to confirm, are you using the release-3.0 branch (if not git checkout release-3.0 && git pull and try again)?

This:

Could not find a JavaScript runtime.

Seems to indicate the app is running in the wrong environment. Do you want to try uncommenting Line 67 of Gemfile and re-running to see if that helps?

I am, but did not know about git pull. Will try again. Thanks

Hi @markajbell, any luck?

Thanks all for your help. I have since re-installed and the error has gone. Must have been an error in the installation process on my setup. Thanks again. Mark