./bin/setup failing during database prep on Raspberry Pi Dradis-CE

I apologize if this is a repost of something but I dont want to post it to the git, and I have been going insane trying to figure out what the problem is.

When I run the setup (per the guide) it tells me that the prerequisites are satisfied then quickly outputs a lot of lines, exceeding the maximum I can scroll to, ending with == Command [“bin/rails db:setup”] failed ==

The bundle install command runs fine but then the setup fails. I followed the trouble shooting section that referenced this error and nothing changed. Any ideas?

@The1CABAL could you post the full error message here? I want to make sure we debugging the correct issue here

This is what I get when I just run ./bin/setup

I see that there is a permissions denied line but when I run under sudo the output is too long for the terminal window and too long to post here.

== Enabling default add-ons ==
== Installing dependencies ==
Following files may not be writable, so sudo is needed:
/opt/dradis
/opt/dradis/bin
/opt/dradis/bin
/opt/dradis/build_info
/opt/dradis/cache
/opt/dradis/doc
/opt/dradis/extensions
/opt/dradis/gems
/opt/dradis/specifications
The Gemfile’s dependencies are satisfied

== Copying sample files ==

== Preparing database ==
Database ‘db/development.sqlite3’ already exists
Database ‘db/test.sqlite3’ already exists
Rails Error: Unable to access log file. Please ensure that /home/pi/dradis-ce/log/development.log exists and is writable (ie, make it writable for user and group: chmod 0664 /home/pi/dradis-ce/log/development.log). The log level has been raised to WARN and the output directed to STDERR until the problem is fixed.
rails aborted!
Errno::EACCES: Permission denied @ rb_sysopen - /home/pi/dradis-ce/log/resque.log
/home/pi/dradis-ce/config/initializers/resque.rb:3:in initialize' /home/pi/dradis-ce/config/initializers/resque.rb:3:in open’
/home/pi/dradis-ce/config/initializers/resque.rb:3:in <top (required)>' /opt/dradis/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:286:in load’
/opt/dradis/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:286:in block in load' /opt/dradis/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:258:in load_dependency’
/opt/dradis/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:286:in load' /opt/dradis/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/engine.rb:655:in block in load_config_initializer’
/opt/dradis/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/notifications.rb:168:in instrument' /opt/dradis/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/engine.rb:654:in load_config_initializer’
/opt/dradis/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/engine.rb:612:in block (2 levels) in <class:Engine>' /opt/dradis/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/engine.rb:611:in each’
/opt/dradis/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/engine.rb:611:in block in <class:Engine>' /opt/dradis/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/initializable.rb:30:in instance_exec’
/opt/dradis/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/initializable.rb:30:in run' /opt/dradis/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/initializable.rb:59:in block in run_initializers’
/opt/dradis/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/initializable.rb:48:in each' /opt/dradis/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/initializable.rb:48:in tsort_each_child’
/opt/dradis/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/initializable.rb:58:in run_initializers' /opt/dradis/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/application.rb:353:in initialize!’
/home/pi/dradis-ce/config/environment.rb:5:in <top (required)>' /opt/dradis/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:292:in require’
/opt/dradis/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:292:in block in require' /opt/dradis/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:258:in load_dependency’
/opt/dradis/gems/activesupport-5.1.7/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:292:in require' /opt/dradis/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/application.rb:329:in require_environment!’
/opt/dradis/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/application.rb:445:in block in run_tasks_blocks' /opt/dradis/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/commands/rake/rake_command.rb:21:in block in perform’
/opt/dradis/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/commands/rake/rake_command.rb:18:in perform' /opt/dradis/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/command.rb:46:in invoke’
/opt/dradis/gems/railties-5.1.7/lib/rails/commands.rb:16:in <top (required)>' bin/rails:4:in require’
bin/rails:4:in `’
Tasks: TOP => db:setup => db:schema:load_if_ruby => environment
(See full trace by running task with --trace)

== Command [“bin/rails db:setup”] failed ==

Hi @The1CABAL instead of using sudo, can you first make sure that the dradis-ce directory is writable by the user? Use the chmod and chown commands as necessary. After that, can you try running setup again and share with us the output? Thanks.