Openvas Import Plugin

Hi All,

When I export results from openvas as a xml format i have noticed the following line is written into the first line of the XML <get_reports_response status=“200” status_text=“OK”> and has been making the plugin imports fail.

I have found by removing this line i can then process the report format.

After removing the line

Is this a known bug?

Hi @Zy0d0x, Rachael with the Dradis support team here. Thanks for reaching out! This isn’t a known bug but Openvas may have updated their XML on us. I’ve gotten Openvas v9 sample files from our Dradis teams that didn’t have this behaviour. What version of Openvas are you running? And, would it be possible to share a sample file with us? We don’t need any sample data, maybe a scan of something like http://testsparker.com/?

Thanks Rachael, for your reply i have been digging into this a little more and it it seems to be a fault when exporting through the metasploit plugin and also python api’s so this look like it many not directly be a fault with Dradis. When exporting through Greenbone it does not have that header.

root@kali:~/# openvasmd --version
OpenVAS Manager 7.0.3
Manager DB revision 184
Copyright (C) 2010-2016 Greenbone Networks GmbH
License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

root@kali:~/# openvassd --version
OpenVAS Scanner 5.1.3
Most new code since 2005: (C) 2016 Greenbone Networks GmbH
Nessus origin: (C) 2004 Renaud Deraison 
License GPLv2: GNU GPL version 2
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

root@kali:~/# 

@Zy0d0x thanks for the update! If that’s not a global change in Openvas, I think we’ll plan to keep the Dradis importer unchanged. Let me know if you have any issues getting data out of Openvas and into Dradis the way that you need otherwise I’ll consider this case closed for now.

Hi @rachkor thanks for the update. I will opt for patching in the check locally.

Thanks for the help.